Information on travelling with minors

01.04.2021 - Article

It doesn't matter whether children travel alone or accompanied: Documentation regarding custody can be important. Please read the following information.

The photo shows a square sign red/pink sign with white letters saying Vorsicht Kinder.
Sign “Caution Children”© chromorange

The Embassy advises German citizens who are departing Namibia with minor children, as a precaution for possible checks and requirements at the airport and at border crossings, to take a copy of the birth certificate of the child with the parents' names clearly visible, and possibly also a letter of consent (if possible legally certified) in the English language of the unaccompanied parent/s or otherwise an evidence of sole custody with them.

Please note: The Embassy can not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of this information.

Top of page